Sunday, December 23, 2007

Once There was a Snowman...or Six

Eli had 2 little friends come over and bring him gifts yesterday! I felt really bad because I had not bought him anything to give to his friends. So tonight we made some little ornaments. I thought that they turned out pretty cute. They definitely look homemade but what can you do?! The things under the snowmen is a snake or something. That was Eli's little creation.

These are made out of Sculpy. If you have never used Sculpy that's really quite a shame. I used to make all sorts of rad jewelry and beads out of it. It's a kind of clay and you mold it then cook it to make it hard. I had a huge thing of white and I added food coloring to it to make the blue and pink. I learned that Sculpy isn't really meant to be dyed. I made a huge mess out of food coloring. So if you need colors of it just buy the colored Sculpy.

4 comments:

  1. When I saw the picture of Eli's "snake", I thought to myself, "Well, Becca managed to melt another spoon..."

    And then I read the post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look "homemade"? Are you kidding me? Those are super cute Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear you and Joe are the only two people left on this earth who use the word "rad". Well, they probably do in eastern Europe too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very cute! I know Eli likes to do "crafts".

    ReplyDelete